Home Away From Home
Home Away From Home (HAFH) is a military program administered by the SAC Foundation and supported by Offutt Air Force Base that launched in 2018. It is designed to provide first-term service members an opportunity to form friendships with host families to help alleviate the anxiety and challenges of being away from home. Host families provide a "home away from home" for service members and a valuable support network. They volunteer their time and extend invitations to fun social activities with their families so time can be spent away from the Offutt Air Force Base environment. With the constant shifting of duty stations that comes with military service, it is easy to lose that sense of home and family. The Home Away From Home program looks to restore that missing element.
Service members qualify by:
- Being first-term service members
- Being single
- Complying with all military service standards
- Signing a liability waiver, reading a brief service member handbook, and completing a short questionnaire
Service Members: Click here to sign up to participate in the program!
Host families qualify by:
- Passing background checks for each person living in the same household that is 18 years of age or older
- Committing to a minimum of 1 activity per month with at least 2 service members
- Committing to a minimum of 1 year hosting the same 2 service members
- Signing a liability waiver, reading a brief host family handbook, and completing a short questionnaire
Host Families: Click here to get involved by applying to be a host family!
Donations for this program are currently being accepted by clicking above on the Donate button. You can designate your funds to "Home Away From Home."