Team Offutt Home Away From Home
Team Offutt Home Away From Home (HAFH) is a new military program administered by the SAC Foundation and supported by Offutt Air Force Base that launched in the fall of 2018. It is designed to provide first-term service members an opportunity to form friendships with civilian host families to help alleviate the anxiety and challenges of being away from home. Host families provide a "home away from home" for service members and a valuable support network. They volunteer their time and extend invitations to social activities with their families so time can be spent away from the Offutt Air Force Base environment.
Host families qualify by:
- Passing background checks for each person living in the same household that is 18 years of age or older
- Committing to a minimum of 1 day per month with at least 2 service members
- Committing to a minimum of 1 year hosting the same 2 service members
- Signing a liability waiver, reading a brief host family handbook, and completing a short questionnaire
Service members qualify by:
- Being first-term service members
- Being single
- Complying with all military service standards
- Signing a liability waiver, reading a brief service member handbook, and completing a short questionnaire
Donations for this program are currently being accepted by clicking above on the Donate button. You can designate your funds to "Team Offutt Home Away From Home." Please click here to see how you can get involved by becoming a civilian host family!